ELE || Research Skills & In-Depth Learning
This ELE helps students learn how to locate and evaluate information, solve problems, think creatively, and communicate their findings. Examples include:
- Completing the Research Experience Program certificate
- Earning departmental Honors
- Receiving an Undergraduate Research Award (UGRA)
- Publishing research work in a peer-reviewed journal
- Presenting research at a professional or academic conference
- Participating in Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- Completing at least two research-intensive courses at the 700 level or above
- Completing a research internship
Once you have completed your Research Skills & In-Depth Learning Experience, submit your ELE application through the MyKU Portal here.
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways that this experience sharpened your critical thinking and persuasive writing skills.