Enhanced Learning Experience
This ELE enables students to gain self-awareness and a sense of social responsibility through service to others. Students may complete this ELE by:
- completing the Certificate in Service Learning;
- Completing a validated service experience, such as Alternative Breaks, Engineers Without Borders, or 45 documented hours with the Center for Community Outreach;
- Serving in a leadership position in a service-focused organization (Alternative Breaks, Center for Community Outreach, Jayhawk Health Initiative);
- Assuming a service role in a campus unit, such as becoming an Honors Peer Mentor, Honors Ambassador, or Honors First Year Seminar Assistant;
- Making a significant contribution to a unit or organization by creating a new service-oriented program or a new initiative.
Once you have completed your Public Service Experience, submit your ELE application through your MyKU portal here
Public Service Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In the process of answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways in which this experience prepared you to be an engaged and responsible citizen in an increasingly diverse nation.