ELE || Leadership
This ELE challenges students to assume leadership responsibilities, effecting change in their communities and beyond. Examples include:
- Completing the Leadership Engagement Certificate
- Completing the Leadership Studies Minor (LSM)
- Participating in an elected position in Student Senate
- Serving in a leadership position in a university-approved student group (Student Involvement & Leadership Center), community organization, or in a campus unit or program, such as Honors Ambassadors or Honors Community Advocates
- Serving in a leadership position in a service-focused organization (Alternative Breaks, Center for Community Outreach, Jayhawk Health Initiative)
- Completing an approved teaching assistantship for two semesters or teaching practicum for at least 40 hours
Once you have begun your Leadership Experience, submit your ELE application through the MyKU Portal here.
Reflection Question: This reflection consists of three parts: For the first paragraph, please summarize concisely what you did and the activity(ies) time commitment(s). Next, tell us about a specific experience that challenged you to take a smart risk, enact positive change, or practice inclusive leadership. How did that experience change you? Finally, tie your experience back to your education: how has this experience shaped your learning?
Note: In order to maintain relevance and significance, your reflection should be submitted within one semester of the completion of the ELE.