ELE || Leadership
This ELE challenges students to assume leadership responsibilities, effecting change in their communities and beyond. Examples include:
- Completing the Leadership Engagement Certificate
- Completing the Leadership Studies Minor (LSM)
- Participating in an elected position in Student Senate
- Serving in a leadership position in a university-approved student group (Student Involvement & Leadership Center), community organization, or in a campus unit or program, such as Honors Ambassadors or Honors Community Advocates
- Serving in a leadership position in a service-focused organization (Alternative Breaks, Center for Community Outreach, Jayhawk Health Initiative)
- Completing an approved teaching assistantship for two semesters or teaching practicum for at least 40 hours
Once you have begun your Leadership Experience, submit your ELE application through the MyKU Portal here.
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways that this experience has prepared you to take smart risks, challenge norms, and be an innovative and responsible citizen.