Understand, adapt to, and thrive in a culturally diverse, global environment by studying abroad, participating in the Global Awareness Program, or becoming a Global Scholar. Options for this ELE range across double majoring with a language, or taking a "less commonly taught language" such as Latin or Japanese.
- Completing the Global Awareness Program (GAP)
- Participating in an approved Study Abroad experience
- Being selected as a Global Scholar
- Taking at least two semesters of a less commonly taught language
- Double majoring/minoring in any language or in an area studies program
- International students may fulfill this ELE by:
- Completing any of the above
- Completing KU Core requirements GE 4.1 and GE 4.2 with Honors courses
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? Please pay particular attention to the ways that this experience prepared you to be a globally connected citizen.