This ELE challenges students to assume leadership responsibilities, effecting change in their communities and beyond. Students may complete this ELE by:
- completing the Leadership Engagement Certificate;
- completing the Leadership Studies Minor (LSM);
- participating in Student Senate;
- assuming a leadership position in a Student Involvement & Leadership Center (SILC) approved student, campus, or community organization or in a campus unit or program (e.g., Honors Ambassadors or Honors Program Student Council);
- taking on a teaching experience;
- completing a leadership program (e.g., The LeaderShape Institute); or,
- assuming a leadership position in the arts (e.g., curating an exhibit, etc.).
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways that this experience has prepared you to take smart risks, challenge norms, and be an innovative and responsible citizen.